COVID-19 vaccination requirements for students for the 2021-22 academic year
Cornell requires COVID-19 vaccination for all students on the Ithaca, Cornell AgriTech in Geneva, and Cornell Tech campuses, or participating in any other Ithaca-based program, at any point of the 2021-22 academic year. Students who have already provided proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or received a religious or medical exemption for the 2021-2022 academic year, do not need to take any further action to meet the 2021-2022 COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
All others enrolling on the Ithaca, Geneva, and Cornell Tech campuses, or participating in any other Ithaca-based program, for the winter 2021-2022 or spring 2022 terms must be compliant with the COVID-19 vaccine requirement by 11:59pm on December 15, 2021. This includes students enrolling for the first time this academic year (e.g. new students, students returning from leave) and those students who were disenrolled for any reason, including vaccine non-compliance, in fall 2021. To be considered compliant with the COVID19- vaccine requirement, students must:
- Submit proof of vaccination to Daily Check, or
- If unable to complete the second dose by the deadline, schedule, complete and provide proof of a completed first dose to Daily Check, or
- Be exempt by Cornell Health (see below)
(Students unable to complete or begin the vaccination series with an approved vaccine by the deadline because they currently reside in a country where those vaccines are not available must contact Cornell Health prior to December 15, 2021.)
Students who are not compliant by 11:59pm on December 15, 2021 will be disenrolled from Cornell on December 16, 2021. Upon disenrollment students will no longer be active students and therefore will have lost all benefits associated with such status, including the ability to attend classes or otherwise earn academic credit, reside in university housing, stay enrolled in any meal plan, participate in intercollegiate athletics, be employed in positions that require active student status or participate in or benefit from any university program that requires active student status.
After December 15, 2021 there will be no further opportunities to come into compliance for the winter 2021-2022 and spring 2022 terms subject to the following limited exceptions:
- Students who are newly admitted to the university after December 15, 2021 must be compliant by 11:59pm within seven calendar days of notification of program admission. Failure to do so will result in disenrollment as detailed above on the eighth day after notification of admission.
- Students who regain active student status after December 15, 2021 must be compliant by 11:59pm within seven calendar days of regaining active student status. Failure to do so will result in disenrollment as detailed above on the eighth day after regaining active student status.
Students may request exemption to Cornell’s COVID-19 vaccine requirement on the basis of medical contraindication, religious objection, or both, as described on the Cornell Health Vaccination page. All exemption documentation must be submitted by 11:59pm on December 1, 2021. Documentation submitted after December 1, 2021 will not be considered, subject to the limited exceptions listed above.