Fall 2020 course list and enrollment guide
The Cornell community has been working hard to ensure that you have the best experience possible when you start classes this fall. We know you have been wondering what to expect regarding classes and enrollment. As you have probably guessed, things will look different than they typically do. Depending on your location and course preferences, courses will range from in-person to hybrid to online.
Please carefully review the information below, follow the associated links and visit the Office of the University Registrar website for additional details.
- Review A Guide to Fall 2020 Enrollment. This guide:
- Will help you understand how courses will be delivered.
- Includes a timeline, which will continue to be updated.
- Will be updated each week with additional information.
- We will share additional details related to enrollment late next week.
- Check out the Fall 2020 Course List. This is your first view into the revised set of courses that will be offered. Some specific courses are not yet listed due to continued verification efforts; please know that additions will be made to the list. The Course List:
- Includes course subject, catalog number, course title and instruction mode for fall course offerings.
- Will continue to be updated, including with information about the subset of courses for which Remote Access will not be available.
- Will be updated with meeting times, credit hours and Remote Access information next Friday, Aug. 14.
- Watch the Office of the University Registrar’s website for updates to the Guide to Fall 2020 Enrollment and Course List.
- Complete the Behavioral Compact and Re-entry Checklist, including the enrollment tab of the Re-entry Checklist, which will go live next week. You will not be able to enroll in classes unless you have completed all tabs of the Re-entry Checklist.
- Instructions are forthcoming for how to enroll in courses if you currently reside in a state that is on the NYS Covid-19 Travel Advisory and therefore are unsure about your arrival date.
On behalf of the entire university, we thank you for your flexibility and commitment to Cornell as we navigate our new reality. We can’t wait to see you soon – whether it is on campus or online.
Rhonda K. Kitch