Information for Graduate StudentsOverview
The university plans to proceed with the instruction dates outlined in the 2020-21 academic calendar, with classes beginning Feb. 8 on the Ithaca and Cornell Tech campuses. As with the fall 2020 semester, courses in the spring will be offered in a variety of modalities, including in-person, online and hybrid approaches. Most rules and guidelines from this fall will likely remain in place, including wearing a face covering, maintaining physical distance, limiting in-person gatherings, and complying with all Daily Check health assessment and surveillance testing requirements. Students will again be required to abide by the Cornell Student Behavioral Compact, which may be updated based on the experiences of the fall semester.
The Graduate School is focused on seeing that every student completes their Cornell degree and has compiled important information, regular updates, and other FAQs and resources for the graduate and professional student community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Resources from the Graduate School
- Updates from the Graduate School
- Assistantship Appointments for Students Outside the US
- Graduate School COVID-19 FAQ
- Health Information
- Processes for COVID-19 Accommodations and Options for Graduate Students (PDF)
- Mentoring Remotely During Disruption
- Remote Working, Teaching, and Learning
- Additional COVID-19 Resources