Information for StudentsOverview
Access to many academic spaces, such as libraries, studios, labs and study rooms, remains available; however, these spaces are only available to undergraduate, graduate or professional students who have confirmed via the checklist that they are still in the area, have followed all travel restrictions outlined above, have completed the Daily Check health assessment, and continue to participate in surveillance testing. The same requirements apply to students who wish to access campus gyms or other recreational spaces after the break. In-person activities related to student organizations are not permitted at this time.
The university plans to proceed with the instruction dates outlined in the 2020-21 academic calendar, with classes beginning Feb. 8 on the Ithaca and Cornell Tech campuses. As with the fall 2020 semester, courses in the spring will be offered in a variety of modalities, including in-person, online and hybrid approaches. Most rules and guidelines from this fall will likely remain in place, including wearing a face covering, maintaining physical distance, limiting in-person gatherings, and complying with all Daily Check health assessment and surveillance testing requirements. Students will again be required to abide by the Cornell Student Behavioral Compact, which may be updated based on the experiences of the fall semester.
- Planning Your Spring Semester on Campus (January 22)
- UK variant identified in Tompkins County (January 18)
- Preparing for COVID-19 vaccination rollout (January 4)
- Spring Checklist is live (December 18)
- Student/parent forum: Spring semester updates (December 16)
- COVID-19 Support Center
- Move-In, Housing, Dining or Storage: email@example.com
- Student Organizations/Activities: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Students/Orientation: email@example.com
- Fitness Centers/Recreation: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Billing: email@example.com
- Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enrollment: Contact the academic advising team at your college