The university remains open. The Daily Check is required to be completed by all Ithaca-based students, and by faculty and staff before reporting to campus or accessing facilities. Employees and students should continue to follow all necessary public health requirements.
Visitors to campus, regardless of vaccination status, as well as unvaccinated faculty, staff and students, are required to wear a face mask or covering while in indoors, and outdoors when unable to maintain six feet physical distance from others.
Cornell University Library
Cornell University Library is offering services for scholars and researchers to access physical collections and continues to provide online resources for Cornell students and faculty. See the full list of available services on the Cornell University Library website.
Campus Fitness Centers and Athletic Facilities
Phased re-opening of recreation and athletics facilities began June 1. Students, faculty, emeritus faculty, staff, and retirees who wish to access these facilities should visit the Cornell Recreational Services website for details.
Enjoying Outdoor Spaces
Walking around Cornell's campus is permitted. Multiple studies have shown that spending time in nature can help reduce stress and anxiety and increase one's sense of overall well-being. Cornell Outdoor Education has provided a guide for outdoor activities and also provides outdoor gear rentals. The grounds of the Cornell Botanic Gardens are also open every day, dawn to dusk.
The Cornell Store
The Cornell Store on central campus and its branch locations on the Ithaca Commons and at The Shops at Ithaca Mall are now open to all. The Cornell Store is following all New York state and university guidelines, including implementing protocols for physical distancing, strict sanitization measures and limiting the number of customers in the store at any given time.
Cornell Print Services
Cornell Print Services is following all of the recommended guidelines and taking extra precautions to protect the well-being of their staff, customers and community. You may submit print orders on the Cornell Print Services website or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, orders can be delivered on campus, shipped via UPS or picked up in their vestibule at 695 Dryden Rd. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Current operating status of hospitals, centers and programs, as well as COVID-19 safety precautions are available on the College of Veterinary Medicine’s website.
Due to Cornell’s review of project priorities in light of the pandemic, Cornell has reprioritized its planned maintenance projects. This re-prioritization has accelerated some critical infrastructure projects and delayed some routine maintenance and non-critical infrastructure projects.
Approved construction activities on the Ithaca campus are proceeding. All projects and contractors are required to follow New York state’s Executive Order 202 and current guidance for construction sites and activities, which include requirements for face coverings, social distancing and disinfecting of tools. Contractors and Project Managers are monitoring project-related risks for the spread of COVID-19, supply chain challenges, and updates to state safety requirements.
All contractors are required to have an up-to-date project health and safety plan related to COVID-19. Environmental Health and Safety has created a guidance document listing the elements necessary for inclusion in each contractor’s health and safety plan.
Campus mail pick-up, processing, and delivery is available to departments that can allow access to their facility.
- To make arrangements, contact Tracey Post at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, departments can arrange for receiving directly from Mail Services at the East Campus Service Center, 209 Solidago Rd (311 E Palm Rd). Contact to make arrangements. Mail metering services for USPS mail is also available. Please include the barcoded Mail Release Form for accounting purposes.
- USPS letter mail: Department managers can arrange temporary USPS letter mail forwarding for regular pick from Mail Services at the East Campus Service Center, 209 Solidago Rd (311 E Palm Rd). To make arrangements, contact the post office at (800) 275-8777 or (607) 375-6003 prior to contacting Tracey Post (email@example.com).
- Package delivery: Departments can make arrangements for direct delivery of packages to Mail Services using the 311 E Palm Rd, Ithaca, NY 14850 address. Mail Services can accept USPS and private carrier (FedEx/UPS) packages and will attempt to deliver to campus facilities. If a building is not accessible to delivery personnel, the package will be held at Mail Services until the department can arrange for pick-up. Please contact Tracey Post at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for receiving.
- Additional questions: Please visit Mail & Delivery Services website or contact email@example.com or 607-254-8284.
Expenses Related to COVID-19
The possibility of federal cost reimbursement to Cornell through FEMA, the CARES act or other programs has reemphasized the importance of consistently identifying expenses related to COVID-19. Use the KFS project code CORONAV-20 for all expenses and credits related to the outbreak, except as noted below.
Guidelines for Using the CORONAV-20 Project Code
- Use this code for purchase orders, procurement card purchases, interdepartmental billings, disbursement vouchers, Concur expense reports, or other payment or credit transactions.
- Use this code for expenses such as those necessary to respond to the emergency (e.g., cleaning and sanitizing products); switch to remote instruction (e.g., shipping student belongings, acquiring IT resources for faculty to teach classes remotely); cancel planned trips or events; as well as for costs to secure campus and to help employees establish an adequate remote-work setup.
Additional Guidance and Exceptions
- For foreign transactions related to COVID-19, instead of the CORONAV-20 code, use the recently established special KFS C-[region] project codes (Excel), which will also accomplish foreign reporting needs.
- For HR transactions, use special earnings or leave codes as directed by Human Resources. Use the CORONAV-20 project code on Salary Expense Transfer e-docs.
- For student financial system transactions, obtain a new item type and use the org ref ID of C19.
- Federal exceptions to grant cost principles (2 CFR 200) contained in OMB M-20-17 (PDF) were largely rescinded or limited on July 17, 2020 by OMB M-20-26 (PDF), which affects the ability to charge cancellation costs or hours not worked. For further questions about how this may impact your award please contact Sponsored Financial Services.
If you have any questions please contact your business service center.