Information for FacultyOverview
Spring 2021 semester courses have begun on the Ithaca and Cornell Tech campuses, with instruction dates outlined in the 2020-21 academic calendar. Key academic dates can be found on the University Registrar website. Study days and final exams are noted on the academic calendar. While there will not be a traditional spring break, two separate two-day wellness breaks are planned: March 9 and 10 and April 23 and 26. There are to be no tests given or graded assignments due on these days or on the day immediately following these breaks (i.e., March 11, April 27). Spring courses are offered in a variety of modalities, including in-person, online and hybrid approaches.
The S21 Guide for Instructors provides guidance on how to facilitate conversations related to the Behavioral Compact, including how to set classroom expectations and what to do if a student is noncompliant. Additional instruction-related policies and resources can be found on the Dean of Faculty website.
- Commencement update (April 6)
- Option for approved employees to resume on-campus work (April 6)
- COVID-19 Vaccination and Fall Instruction (April 2)
- Impact of students’ testing non-compliance and positive cases on your classes (March 31)
- COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Process now available (March 24)
The COVID-19 Support Center offers support to all members of the Cornell community for questions regarding testing, vaccines, travel and more.
Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm | By phone: 9 am to 4 pm
Saturday to Sunday, 10 am to 1 pm
- Cornell International Affairs Travel Resources
- Center for Teaching Innovation
- Cornell Research Services
- Library Services
- Teaching International Students: Tips for Online Instruction
- Mentoring Remotely During Disruption
- Faculty & Field Information
- Processes for COVID-19 Accommodations and Options for Graduate Students (PDF)
- Tools for Working Remotely
- Work Remotely with Zoom
- Options for Poor Wi-Fi or Cellular Service