Information for Faculty & StaffOverview
Employees experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should stay at home and get tested immediately by taking an antigen test or contacting your primary care physician. You can also find PCR testing facilities in your area by visiting state and local health department websites. If symptomatic, all employees including faculty, staff and student workers must complete the Daily Check health assessment and notify your immediate supervisor if you are ill and need time away from work.
COVID-19 Etiquette for Faculty and Staff
If you are ill with symptoms suggestive of COVID-19, seek and perform an antigen test.
If you test positive:
- Do not attend class, work or other social gatherings.
- Report your positive antigen result, which helps track the prevalence on campus and enables employees to receive appropriate workplace guidance.
- Tell colleagues and other close contacts that you have COVID-19. This will allow others to take proactive steps to monitor their health.
- Isolate at home and follow Tompkins County Whole Health (TCWH) current isolation guidelines.
- Wear a high-quality mask at all times, except when eating.
If you test negative:
- Your illness may still be contagious. If you attend class, work or social gatherings, wear a well-fitting mask until your symptoms have resolved.
- If your symptoms are significant, please contact your primary care provider for an appointment or self-care guidance.